Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Classwork

Two more sessions of my portrait classes with Ann Feldman have gone by and there are just two more to go. Ann is having the "freshman" group working on a Harley Brown painting of a little girl. We could only use Ultramarine Blue, Cad Red light, Cad Yellow, and white. My version is below. I really didn't finish this but I think I'll leave it as is. Her "sophomores" were working on profiles.

The next two classes will have a live model. In fact 2 models since there are 10 of us. She plans to have 5 grouped around each model. I'm a little nervous but very excited. I might just use charcoal for the first sitting.



3 comments:

  1. Love this ...I have one of Harley Brown's books and just love it...re-read it all the time. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    A limited palette is always such a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like her eyes in the shadow of her hair. That would have been tough for me. You did a great job finding the values.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! That would be really hard for me too - I'm so spoiled with my full spectrum palette.

    ReplyDelete