HHG Mugshot #20

4 x 4 oil on canvas
SOLD

Maria "The Enforcer" Hock
Week 20!! I can't believe it. Thanks to Maria for organizing and keeping this challenge going. My work has improved tremendously because of it and I want to keep going. I'll continue to do mugs along with the new challenges. I can't stop now. 
Maria “The Enforcer” Hock is perhaps the most dangerous member of the Hilton Head gang.   She is an instigator...a rabble rouser...a provocateurShe lures you into her circle of friends with promises of camaraderie, challenges, and critiques.  She has three cameras and endless battery power.  She is also deadly with her prose...if she can’t get a likeness...then it is very likely you will be the subject of a story...or BOTH!  Her husband is responsible for her nickname... 
You can find out more information on her blog mariahock.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE It Cathy! You captured me beautifully! I'm with you regarding the mugs too...I have to keep going. I have learned so much...such a great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria!! I'm thrilled you like it! It's been so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Cathy!! I love it! And I'm happy that you are going to continue. It is a lot of fun (it's been addicting for me!) and a great learning experience with each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. Your series of "faces" are an inspiration. I need to start recruiting more people for photos.

      Delete
  4. Excellent portrait Cathy! You have a wonderful, distinctive style. I feel like you - can't quit now, they're too much fin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear that you see a style developing. I was hoping for that. I really admire your work so it means a lot. Thanks Terri!

      Delete
  5. This is a fabulous portrait Cathy! It was great to paint with you in open studio last night. See you at the next one! I just signed up to follow your blog-- looking forward to many more wonderful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ann! I learned a lot from your classes and this is one of the results! Open studio was a blast and I can't wait until the next one.
      I'm so glad you stopped by.

      Delete