More Value Studies #3, 4, 5 & 6

I didn't spend a lot of time on any of these studies. Less then an hour for each. This is a very fun challenge that I'm learning a lot with. 
Value Study #3. Set up this simple still life for this value study. I think I kept to 4 values this time.

Value Study #4. I tried to set up the same still life again in order to try color.

Value Study #5. 

Value Studies #5 & 6. I painted these from photo references. I plan to try these in color next.
I keep hearing Peggi in my head telling me to be a designer, make interesting shapes and connect your shadows!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice studies...I should do some. right now I am studying color mixing...so much to learn...so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned to paint from value studies. All my large paintings start that way. I'm a little lazier with the small ones. It really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your value studies, Cathy, and I admire your taking the time to stick to it. This exercise reminds me to go back and watch my PKR dvds again. As Maria says, "so much to learn, so little time!"

    ReplyDelete