#22: Joe

6 x 6 oil on panel

This is my last submission to the 30 in 30 challenge. 22 out of 30. I'm pretty happy to have pulled off 22 paintings this month. I think it's been said before, but this experience turned out to be a lot more important than I ever expected. Meeting new artists was my favorite part. But it was great fun to get comments from some of the artists I've admired for years. What a thrill! Knowing I needed to have something to post on a fairly regular basis was a great push for me. It finally made me tackle a few subjects I had just been thinking about. 

This is my husband in deep thought. I do love doing portraits. But I prefer a non traditional pose. I'm thinking about asking you all to send in photos of people that they would like to see me paint. I know this has been done before. Most recently (that I know of) by Maria Bennett Hock. Who did her 30 in 30 paintings of portraits of fellow artists. And even before that by Carol Nelson who collected 100 photos and painted 100 portraits in 100 days! Wow! I could never pull that off with my other responsibilities. But I would like to try a smaller version of that. I really haven't figured out how that would work yet. I guess I'm thinking out loud here. I wonder if how many photos I can get people to send me?

On another note, I'm headed Scottsdale, AZ to visit my sister and Celebration of Fine art next week. I don't think I'll have my computer with me, just my ipad. So this might be the last of my paintings until I get back. This also means I won't be able to ship any paintings until I get back. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful portrait, Cathy. I think your idea of doing a portrait series is fantastic. I hope you do it .... fun for you and the viewer!

    Have a great time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this portrait! His expression and I love the glasses...that is a hard angle (for me) for the glasses. I will study this one so I can get mine right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Cathy. Your portraits have such a wonderful emotive quality that is very hard to come by in a lot of work. Yours is really set apart by that. I've really enjoyed seeing your work this month Cathy, and I look forward to more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this portrait. Your husband seems deep in thought. Love your idea of painting a series of portraits. Congrats on finishing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Thanks for your comment. I'm hoping to collect some photos and get started later in February.

      Delete
  5. Hi Linda, Maria, and Crystal! Thank you for stopping by and commenting on this portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, your portrait of pensive Joe is a triumph! Enjoy your visit to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 22 paintings. It has been a joy to get to know you through your blog and to see your wonderful work each time you posted, including this fantastic portrait of your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sensitively done Cathy, I love it! I have felt like the member of a huge team, I hope you have to! Well done!

    ReplyDelete