Thursday, January 10, 2013

#7: Sprint - SOLD


6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

This is my submission to the 30 in 30 challenge. I'm still a couple days behind, but that's okay. 
Did I mention I like to paint running legs? I've been collecting photos but have not really dug into them until now. This was taken in Peoria at the Jingle Bell Run that my son-in-law was a part of. I stood at the finish snapping away at the legs coming into the finish! I wish the sun had been out that day then I would have fun shadows to play with. But instead I tried to focus on the muscles and gesture. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the runnning legs. I really like how you created their form, how you did the folds in the clothing, how you simplified the background, and just the overall effect of this painting. Nice composition, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Meredith! I'm enjoying painting the action shots! ha

    ReplyDelete