Exciting News!

"Rower"
8 x 10 Oil on panel 

My painting "Rower" has been invited to show at the 26th Annual Women's Works show. This will run from March 7 through April 28, 2013 at the Old Court House Arts Center in Woodstock, IL. I'm really excited about this and can't wait to see everyones work. It is always a good show and this year there were 600 entries.

Just got back from Arizona and I'm trying to adjust to all the snow, wind and cold. I haven't painted for a week and I'm feeling a little rusty. I'll get into the studio today and see how it goes. 

8 comments:

  1. excellent news!!! congratulations! I hope we get to see pictures of the installation!
    the painting is great...I love the moodiness of the palette...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I'll be sure to post some images.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! That's awesome. I kinda want to check out the show might have to stop by it next time we are up. I knew this one was a good one! Congrats! and you have snow up there???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crym! That sounds fun. I'll go with you when you come.
      Yes!! Came home to at least 6". Our friend Cameron was wonderful and shoveled for me so we could at least pull into the driveway.

      Delete
  3. Cathy, congratulations! So happy for you, and so easy to see why your painting was selected. I really like this composition. I'm glad you are back home and back to blogging, missed you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Cathy! It's a beautiful painting, and you deserve it. I'm looking forward to hearing your report on CFA. Sorry you had to return to snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to write up something about CFA. I spent a couple days with my sister there. It's a great show this year. Seems like I see more each time I go.

      Delete