Monday, February 25, 2013

Portrait #2 - Maria - SOLD

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD
I am so happy that I can count on my friend and fellow artist Maria Bennett Hock to help me out by sending a photo! She is an incredible portrait artist and you should check out her work by clicking her name. Another GREAT photo that was nothing but fun to paint. Everything I love which is strong light, great color, and interesting shapes. I guess this is actually a portrait of two artists. The reflection in her sunglasses is of Chris Werst! 

I'm really happy with this one and didn't tweak it at all after putting it beside the photo. 



8 comments:

  1. Love this, Chris!! What a great portrait of two fantastic artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, and I like the precision of the reflection on the sunglasses. it's a strong portrait, bravo, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very strong portrait. It turned out great. I love the interesting light in her sunglasses even though her face is mostly shade. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous portrait. Soft in just the right places. Love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, it is wonderful to see this portrait. The power of Maria's personality shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Linda, Sylviane, Crym, Susan N & Susan! This one seemed to paint itself! She has a great face that is fun to paint. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE It Cathy!!! you did a great job. the reflection in the glasses is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy - I LOVE it! that is so essentially Maria.... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete