Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Portrait #3 - Anthea

6 x 6 oil on panel

This is a daughter of a wonderful artist Susan Medyn. She is an incredibly talented watercolor artist and you can see her work by clicking her name. I really struggled with this one and went back into it many many times. She is such a beautiful woman and I believe this was taken on her wedding day. I was really challenged to try to do her justice. So I was really tightening up on this one. I'm pretty happy with the painting, but I'm not sure I got the likeness as well as I would have liked. 



2 comments:

  1. Cathy this is fabulous. Wow. Yes it was Anthea's wedding day. So exciting to see. I have never seen my daughter in a portrait. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this portrait is wonderful, Cathy. Her skin tones are lovely.

    ReplyDelete