Portrait #5 - Karina - SOLD

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

Meet Karina! At least this was Karina a year or more ago! I loved the gesture she made as she looks up at either her mom or dad at the end of bath time. These little hands always seem to be moving. This was just one of many photos I have of Karina. You might just see her again!

I do have a few more paintings of adults coming but most of the photos I've received were of course children. Which I LOVE to paint! But I'm spreading the adults out among the children so it isn't too boring. I'm still looking for good photos if anyone wants to sacrifice themselves to my cause! Just send them to cathy(at)activecore(dot)org.




10 comments:

  1. She is so precious!!! I love the gesture, the blue eyes and yellow towel. What a great source photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep this up and people are going to start asking you to teach! These portraits are fantastic, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is precious! You've captured a great likeness. Her blue eyes sparkle... and I love the yellow towel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved that yellow towel too. It was fun to put more than a face in the portrait. I have some more really cute ones coming next week. Hope you aren't sick of them yet!! Lots of kids!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Maria! I spend a lot of time on the source photo before I start to paint. I know you probably do that too. I'm finding there isn't a lot you can really change on this kind of close up portrait though. So I'm really counting on the photo to give me the information I need.

    Meredith! Thank you for stopping by! I'm hardly close to being ready to teach, but thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy this is so adorable! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Cathy! Keep 'em coming...I love seeing your portraits every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I had to take a day to get some other things done. But I'll start posting again tomorrow. Stay tuned!

      Delete
  7. This is so precious. I was instantly drawn to the eyes and the perfect little glimmer in them.

    ReplyDelete