But I need your help!
Would you be willing to send me a photo of yourself, your husband, wife, friend, child or pet that I could paint from? The number of paintings I’ll do would be dependent on how many photos I get.
Send me as many photos as you like. I will be weeding through these to pick what I think are the best to paint from. So just because you send one in does not guarantee I will use it. Send in a few. I'll continue to collect photos until I have at least 25 that I think will work for this project. I would love to paint even more if I have time and images.
Here are the details:
- Please email your digital photos to me, cathy(at)activecore(dot)org
- By sending me photo(s) you grant me permission to paint from these images and also to post your photo along with the photo of the painting, on my blog and website.
- This photo should have been taken by you. No professional photography please.
- Photos taken outside in strong light are important. A photo that has good sun and shade on a face has a better chance of being chosen. The same goes for a pet.
- Photos taken with a flash are usually not as good, but could sometimes work.
- Unusual perspective and/or angles are really good. Smiling directly at the camera isn’t always the most interesting shot.
- I reserve the right to crop these photos in creative ways for artistic effect.
- I need fairly high-resolution images so that I can crop and create a more intimate moment.
- Don't be surprised if I use unusual colors in skin tones or hair. I LOVE color!
- All paintings will be done in oil on a 6x6 panel. I will sell them all for $75 on my Daily Paintworks gallery.