Portrait #13 - Gentry

6 x 6 oil on panel

It looks like Gentry is learning to swim! I couldn't resist this photo of him at the pool. Lots of wonderful teal shades to play with. I think I mixed viridian into all the colors in this painting. I toned the board with orange this time in order to neutralize the water color. I left a bit of this orange peaking through in his hair. 

I have been so self absorbed with this project I've really neglected checking out everyone's blog posts and responding to emails in a timely way. Please be patient with me. I'm also trying to register my business and figure out taxes. Not something that comes easy for me at all! I'll be doing a few art shows this year so figuring out which ones and knowing what to do about taxes is turning out to be very time consuming. I just purchased Brenda Ferguson's ArtByte on how to make her Art Fair Booth Display. There are a lot of great tips there. I really recommend her tutorial if you ever need a display for small paintings. 


5 comments:

  1. It is a time consuming venture but so worth it. Love this one! You can see the joy in his face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little bits of orange in his hair. He's such a cutie pie. Looking like he's loving the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, especially love how you did his eyes and his hair. Checking your blog is such a joy. I love them all, even if I only comment on the most recent....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maria, Crymson, and Meredith! Glad you stopped by to see the portraits. I really enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy this and all your portraits are great! I admire you for taking on this project. I've enjoyed seeing them every morning on Daily Paintworks too! Where will your shows be?

    ReplyDelete