Thursday, March 14, 2013

Portrait #15 - Amy

6 x 6 oil on panel
NFS

I'm keeping this one. This is one of my favorite people in the world. She is a talented artist, mom, wife, and my daughter. Amy/Crymson Flower uses beads and wire to create amazing things. You can read her blog by clicking her name. I've decided to keep this one for now.

The lighting in this photo was pretty interesting. We were under a tent at Octoberfest last year. I'm not sure if this was before or after she did the chicken dance with her son Ryker. It was a very fun day and I loved using these colors! Even though she dislikes the periwinkle color I used for the background, I just love it. I guess I must of dressed her in it too often as a child.


6 comments:

  1. It's kinda funny being on this end of the paint brush. Despite you using all my not so fave colors I really truly love this portrait. The colors really work. And I don't look as grumpy in the painting as I do in the picture. Must have been after the chicken dance.

    thanks Mom! Love ya! and super proud of you for doing so well in this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you look grumpy in the photo. It's all in how you look at it. I thought you look like you are about to smile. This is the look right before you break into smile!
      Thanks honey, I'm glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your beautiful daughter. It's really fun hearing from the "subject" how much she liked the portrait. So glad you are keeping this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meredith! It is nice to hear that she liked it. She'll have to wait to get this one!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful painting, and girl! I really love the subtle modeling on the face. Well done, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete