Friday, March 29, 2013

Portrait #25 - Self-Portrait

6 x 6 oil on panel

I just felt it right to finish up this series with a self-portrait. I sort of feel like I am taking the easy way out to choose a pose with sunglasses. But as it turns out, there aren't many photos of me I like much. I'll have to work on that. I would like to do another and tackle my eyes too. 

Thanks to EVERYONE who visited, commented and contributed! I so appreciate it. I know I had some highs and lows with this series. And even though I didn't paint every day for the last five weeks, I painted every day I was home and could possibly paint. I have always admired people who could paint for 100 days or more consecutively. But now I have even more admiration for that task. I think I hit my limit!

I think it's time to clean the house and go shopping for food. I'll be back soon!

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful self-portrait, Cathy! Maybe someday I'll do this as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing what you did and how your portraits improved over your series of paintings. I do love your self portrait. You are looking quite spiffy here. Great job Cathy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those sunglasses!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's....YOU! Congratulations on a spectacular finish. This one is so sunshiney and beautiful. I'm so happy for you and proud of how well you did for your portrait challenge. You must be exhausted! The care you put into each portrait was always evident, and I'm sure you have some really happy recipients. Will you do anything to celebrate completing your challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! you made it! what an awesome project, thanks for sharing your journey here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I've taken a few days off and am anxious to get back in the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, what a wonderful finale to an ambitious project. I really like your self-portrait... love the slight tilt of the head. You definitely have the sunglasses nailed! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete