Portrait #6 - Ryker

6 x 6 oil on panel

Starting my second week of portraits and I'm back to a familiar face to try to loosen up a bit. This Mr. Cool is my oldest grandson. I did this in about 2 hours. It was fun to loosen up a bit. This time I'm showing the full photo so you can see how I crop it in to fit on these small panels. I think I still got a pretty good likeness even with the quick brushwork. It was hard to take a real good photo of this because of the dark background. All the darks are a bit exaggerated in the photo.



7 comments:

  1. love the sunglasses and the red hair!!! very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! There are a few more paintings coming with sunglasses!

      Delete
  2. LOVE Love love!
    This is your best Ryker yet. I love the looseness of the strokes. Ryk loves too. He just looked and said "hey thats me"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like it loose and wet so I tried to keep it that way. I love painting the Ryk!

      Delete
  3. Your painting is better than the photo! The way you have cropped it, and the light captured on his face is striking. I really like the background also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job on your VERY handsome grandson. I love his hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great likeness and what a personality. Love it Cathy!

    ReplyDelete