Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Portrait #8 - Eileen - SOLD

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

I really want to thank Eileen for sending this great photo for me to paint. Eileen has only been blogging since December, but she was a part of Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 and she has some wonderful paintings you should really check out on her blog at http://eileenpower.blogspot.com.

When I got this photo I thought, cool more sunglasses. I don't have to struggle with eyes. This shouldn't be too hard! Well boy was I wrong! She has this slight tilt to her head, and that curve of her right cheek had to be right on. Not to mention all those teeth! I hope I did her justice on this. It was definitely fun to do even with all those challenges.


7 comments:

  1. Cathy, your portraits are amazing! Congratulations on being DPW's Pick of the Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! Coming from my portrait teacher... that means A LOT!

      Delete
  2. You said glasses were hard, but what about the mouth? Yours is perfect and is rare in painting.
    Bravo, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mouth was tricky. But really, the curve of her cheek was the hardest part because I thought that would make the likeness. It looked like such a clear line, but when it came down to do it... it was more difficult than I thought.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on a wonderful portrait! The likeness is dead on!! She's a beautiful girl...

    ReplyDelete