Friday, May 3, 2013

Topsy Turvy - SOLD

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

This is the mean cat Mira again... looking cute. Trying to tempt you over so she can take a bite. Don't be fooled and keep your distance. 

I've been busy varnishing and framing. I'll post photos of my booth setup as soon as it stops raining again. I need to set it up every week this month in order to build my strength. I was exhausted after the first time. I'm trying to decide which paintings I should frame. How many I should frame. So many things to think about. 

I had some exciting news last week. I was chosen by Daily Paintworks for the Spotlight Interview!! What an honor that is. 

9 comments:

  1. She is quite the Siren. Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, that is fantastic news about the interview!!!

    I love the painting of Mira, too. Sorry she's such a crab. She sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool Cathy!! Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, you are so original! I don't think I've ever seen a painting of a cat done from this persp!ective. It's wonderful! Love the title also. Congratulations on being chosen for the DPW Spotlight interview. I am honored to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a novice cat owner I am having fun learning and watching cat ways. So different from dogs. Love their slinky ways. Not so much the biting though. My Ruthie kitty is bringing me lots of laughs and joy.
    So nice catching up with your work. Really love the golfers you did a while back. Great body language. Have been so busy lately that I did not know you were the spotlight artist on DPW. Will read the interview soon. Fun learning others experiences.
    Best to you! Going to add you to my blog roll so I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mira loves her immediate family. My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson. But anyone else.... watch out! My instinct is to pick her up and cuddle her but I keep getting bit! So I'm still a little mad at her for that. I have learned to enjoy her from afar. haha! She was a rescue animal and I think she has some trauma she hasn't worked through.

    Thank you everyone for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Cathy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent painting, Cathy!! Unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't wait to see/hear your interview. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete