Artists Studios Online Tour

Today a group of painters are writing about our studios.
Visit the links below to tour the participation artists' studios!

Marla LaubischCarol SchiffKaethe BealerJo MacKenzie
Michael ChamberlainCharleen MartinSally BinardJacklyn Karabaich
Sharon GravesSea DeanJohnna SchellingTaryn Day
Julie Ford OliverSarah SedwickKim RempelCindy Michaud
Joanne GrantCarmen BeecherCindy WilliamsCathy Engberg

I'm lucky to have a room in our home devoted to just painting. This small room used to be my son's bedroom. Then it was an office. And now it is a studio. I'm slowly adding shelves and lighting to improve the situation. This year I broke down and put a window air conditioner in. This will allow me to paint all day in the summer, instead of just the mornings.

I did clean a bit before this photo. So this is my organized madness! You can see I mainly paint at my desk with a table easel. I use one of Karin Jurick's tabletop easels and love it.  I have some of my art book, panels, and still life supplies on these book shelves.

Here is a close up of my drying racks and a few paintings from some of my artist friends. 


Thank you for your interest!

17 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, I'm loving these Studio Tours, yours is the last for today...I have to start painting! This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thanks for stopping by and checking it out. This is a fun way to see where all the magic happens!

      Delete
  2. love your studio paintster. This is a lot of fun seeing all these studios, especially those artists I know at least online. Happy painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out! I'm enjoying taking a peek behind the scenes too!

      Delete
  3. Hey Cathy, Nice to see you on the tour. Every time I think I have found all the great artist's blogs, I find another.....like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, Yes. I'm finding some new artists blogs today. That is always fun!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you put in the air conditioner! I can't imagine painting in the summer heat. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marla, I think that might be the best addition I've done to this room! Keeps my glasses from slipping down my nose!

      Delete
  5. Great to see your space. Thanks for recommending the Jurick easel. I have been looking at it.
    Love your term organized madness. That is me too. A mound on my desk and I can reach in and find just what I want. Smart gal getting the air conditioning in there. I enjoyed the visit - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post - I am mesmerized by the great art coming out of such different places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Cathy! Thanks for the inside peak : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good! It's definitely where the magic happens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im glad to find your blog, lovely artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful studio...SO organized!!! It's so nice to see where all of you work...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see your space Cathy. Inspired to clean up my studio but first have to ready myself for an opening Saturday and open studios....maybe my fall agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cathy your studio looks great! I don't know how you could have survived without AC! So glad you've increased your creative time! I love seeing your paintings all around! And I see at least a couple of Karin's and one of mine and the other HH gang as well! How fun! I have your mug of me hanging in my studio too! I couldn't bring myself to share pictures of my little hovel(although I briefly considered cleaning it all up, but then I wouldn't be able to find anything)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Your post really made me smile. I know what you mean about keeping things as is so you can find them. I unfortunately have trouble finding things no matter what!
      YES! I love my paintings from my artists friends! I ended up putting all my little mugs together on one board. I have 6, and having them all separately framed (like I was originally going to do) looked like to much of me! So I put them on one board and love it because what I really love is how different everyone painted the one subject. Then I have another Karin J that I purchased, a Carol Marine demo from a workshop I took, a Linda Popple "Bra" painting, and then a PKR sketch of girls dancing. I still need to frame that. I really want to buy more art.

      Delete