Thursday, June 13, 2013

Energy Plus - SOLD

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

What color is a Weimaraner? I had to mix up a few piles before I just decided to get as close as I could and focus on the value relationships of all the colors. I think it turned out pretty close. 

This pretty girl stopped by my booth on Sunday. Posing was hard for her even though I'm sure she wanted to. Sitting still is just not her normal. I managed to snap this one as she tried to sit still and pose! I wish I had asked about her name. I just found out her name is Mika! 




10 comments:

  1. Cathy, this looks like it was a difficult subject to paint. All those shades of grey! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutey...you definitely captured the look of this breed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith! I think this was the closest I ever have been to this breed of dog! She was fun!

      Delete
  3. Her name is Mika, my mom emailed all of us this link. GREAT JOB! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should add her name in now that I know it. Thank you!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. PERFECT color...she's beautiful, Cathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her color is great and she looks so pet-able! Beautiful job on her sweet doggy smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. A color suggested that we paint our house. Yours is much more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete