Private Joke

10 x 10 oil on cradled hardwood
Purchase information

These two looked to be sharing a private joke while they sprinted down the streets of Chicago this last April. I was interested in this one because of the challenge to paint the foreshortening correctly along with the body language of these two. It was a lot of fun to do and made me stretch quite a bit.

I probably won't be posting for a while now. I'll be scrambling to finish a few last things for my show this coming weekend. And I've come down with a horrible head cold! So rest is part of my plan. I hope to get back to the studio early next week.

6 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with the foreshortening. I like that perspective. Very nice painting!

    Feel better SOON and good luck with your show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Cathy! Get plenty of rest, and best wishes to you for a successful show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live this piece. It has been so interesting watching your evolution in painting. Well done. Catch some rest. This said from the woman who is working today, showing a collector work in the AM and flying to Europe at 1 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such an amazing job with the foreshortening on this painting, Cathy!!! Not an easy piece and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a painting that tells a story and this one certainly entertains me! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a knack for making these challenging pieces look simple. I like how they are viewed from above yet not from afar, so the scene still feels intimate. I was glad to hear via our other communication that you are beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete