Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Back in the saddle

I'm back from a most wonderful, relaxing week in northern Wisconsin. We rented a cabin on a lake and I sat and stared at the water for a week! I think I could do that for another 2 weeks without getting bored! We didn't have internet or cell coverage. I practically had to go out in a boat to get a connection that would download mail on my phone. 
A couple of our fishermen. 

This cabin was literally 6' from the lakes edge! Everyone fished while I sat and watched! I did a bit of hiking, hand quilting, and I painted a few plein air paintings. Nothing very exciting but I'll post them below. 

This was my view from the cabin.

This was my view to the left.


This was my view to the right! 

As you can see... I didn't move around a lot! Drank wine, ate fudge and all kinds of other bad for you things. But NOW I'm back in the saddle, detoxing, exercising, and painting. I just finished my 2 commissions. And I'll start prepping boards for Leslie's 30 in 30 coming up in September. Another week and I'll start preparing for my last show of the year. There is lots going on!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Cathy! It sounds like we had similar vacations... but I didn't have any fudge. Also, you definitely had a better view! It is good to get away and come home fired up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barely moving...? Sounds like a perfect vacation. So glad you had a good time and a chance to do some plein air. Also, I'm very glad you are back and looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks wonderful! I had hoped to go to the beach this fall, but alas, it is not to be ach!

    ReplyDelete