Solitude

6 x 6 oil on panel

This is my 5th submission to the 30 in 30 challenge. I don't know about you, but there were years when I dreamed of having a few hours to myself to just sit and relax. Seeing this fisherman reminded me of that. I hope he caught something! 

I have my last Art Fair of the season this weekend. So I will be away from a computer both Saturday and Sunday. I wasn't expecting to get any painting done but now I think I'll take my plein air set up. If things are slow I'll try to paint something. 

7 comments:

  1. Great Cathy! I feel more relaxed just looking at this! Yes - the lighting, figure drawing, water - everything is just wonderful!

    Have a fun and successful weekend! I bet you'll come back with some useful festival references!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created great sense of mood in this one, Cathy! I like how you've placed the man against the strong dark background. Very effective. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my first thought was, I wonder if he's even trying to fish or just relaxing? Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Cathy.!! The trees in the background are very nicely painted as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice painting..yesterdays too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great composition, light, and mood you have created. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us...

    ReplyDelete