Monday, September 9, 2013

Looking For Dinner

6 x 6 oil on panel

This is my 6th submission to the 30 in 30 challenge. There were many eagles nesting along the shores of this lake. In the late afternoon you could see them soaring through the air. It almost seemed like they played together while flying. It was amazing. They would come down low and grab huge fish right out of the lake with their talons! They are much better fishermen than we were.

This is an immature Bald Eagle. I suspect  he was looking for dinner. 

I'm back from my final show in Downtown Downers Grove! Today has been a day of recovery. Unloading the car (still not quite done) and resting. I lost my voice by the end of Saturday. There was festive live music through the whole thing. But I'm not a loud talker naturally. So forcing myself to talk over the music to people was a strain. But the good news is, there were people in my booth most of the time and I was talking talking talking! ha! It was pretty fun. I got some GREAT feedback which has encouraged me to keep going for a long time. I met some really interesting artists that I hope to keep in contact with. I'm very excited about that. 
Then you will never guess what happened on Sunday!! I got an award! You could have blown me over I was so shocked when Amy Amdur came into my booth with a photographer and awarded me this ribbon. It says "Outstanding Achievement". I really am thrilled and it did soften the disappointment that I had almost no sales. I do feel encouraged. Lots of decisions to make about next year. But thank goodness I don't have to do that for a while. 


10 comments:

  1. Love your entry to the 30 in 30...as usual!!! And Congrats on the award!!! Way to go! The sales will come...people are noticing! yayyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! Congrats on your AWARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award Cathy!!! Having seen ( and bought) your work, you deserve it. I love the eagle painting too! Those feathers look real enough to feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of you for getting out there, getting exposure, and talking about your art! And congratulations of the award - Awesome! And seeing the eagles would make my weekend - how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes I certainly COULD believe you got an award, and I predict more kudos in your future. Your booth looks fabulous, your paintings are always wonderful, I can only imagine what it is like to see them all in one place like that...what a treat for the eyes! Congratulations, Cathy, and many more to come...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked it Mom So proud of you!!

    Love the new painting the eagles really were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never done an outdoor venue so right off the bat you have my admiration and then to win an award like that. Oh boy - Double congratulations !
    I have never figured out why some of my friends sell sometimes and not others. Neither have they. All part of the job description I guess. Your work is really good so it has nothing to do with that so don't let your mind go there. Having your work seen is great and next year they will remember you.
    And the commissions have already started from the sound of things. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, on the award. Cathy! I'm so proud of you. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking booth and congrats on the super award. Can't believe so few sales, your work is so top notch. Keep going, do not get discouraged!

    ReplyDelete