Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Recent Works Show

Private Joke
10 x 10 oil on cradled hardwood

I want to mention that my painting "Private Joke" has been accepted in the Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art's Recent Works show. I'm thrilled beyond belief that it will be hanging in a place where I have spent so much time. The show runs from Oct. 4 through Nov. 10. Be sure to check it out. 

I know it must seem like I've dropped off the planet. But I am still out here, I've just not been painting. My mom hasn't been well again and spent  a couple days in the hospital. For some reason, when things aren't right with mom, I can't paint. I've just got a block. Now that she is out of the hospital, I'll be getting her to doctor appointments so I'll be on the road a lot for a couple weeks. 

I'm so inspired to continue my Lost Land Lake series, and I also have some great new running sources to work from. So I can't wait until mom is better and I can get my mojo back in the studio! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled for you about the show, Cathy, congratulations!! I wish I could be there with you. Curious about the gallery--can you tell us more? Since we've already talked about your mom elsewhere, I hope you already know how much I care about what you are going through...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meredith. I really appreciate you always being there. It means a lot.
      This gallery is in the community college where I took art classes for EVER! ha! College of Lake County in Grayslake Illinois. Getting a painting in this gallery has been a goal of mine. So I'm thrilled.

      Delete
    2. Yay! If you are thrilled, then so am I! How wonderful to realize one of your dreams....

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting! Congratulations on your acceptance into the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, this painting is wonderful! The unusual perspective makes me take notice. I really like how you handled the shadows and background. Great title also! Congratulations on your recent success! You know, I've been thinking of you, and send good thoughts for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful painting, Cathy! Congratulations on such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete