Commissions 2 & 3

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

This was my second commission and I thought it was fun because I loved how this little guy is wrapped up tight! I remember when I used to wrap my kids up to keep them warm. You couldn't even recognize them. They are bundled for a day of sledding.

6 x 6 oil on panel
SOLD

Then this is the last commission right now. These two are dressed for a renaissance faire. I really pushed back on the photo for this painting. It was a very dark scan, and it was hard to get much information from it. Especially with the hats. But the client convinced me to give it a try and I think she is pleased. I'm glad I tried some things out of my comfort zone. 


3 comments:

  1. Cathy I think you are doing the impossible!
    First portraits that are wonderful, and now portraits that show teeth!
    This is the "BEST" handling of a smile I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Jacklyn. Love them both, but the sled doers had my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Cathy... you are amazing! These portraits are brilliantly executed! I especially love the first one, and how you captured the sweet faces all bundled up, all against the soft white background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete