Clouds - SOLD

5 x 7 oil on panel
SOLD

I always say I want to practice painting skies and clouds but I never do. I think it's because I don't normally do landscapes. And figures are always so much more fun for me. But this weeks DPW Challenge to paint clouds came around at just the right time! It was the perfect project to get me painting on a busy holiday week. This most likely will be the only thing I paint this week. But I'm sure glad I was able to sneak this one in!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Skies are always fun especially since it keeps on changing so its always different and beautiful... just like your piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layers in the foreground which makes the sky go back into infinity. The cloud shapes are linked together perfectly. I love this one, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the clouds..I see reindeer and santa's sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. doesn't look like you need much practice. Beautiful clouds. Happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do clouds as well as you do people. good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see I'm late to the party. How did I miss this??? This is gorgeous, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clouds are so entertaining and impressive - congratulations for following through on your impulse! They're lovely!

    ReplyDelete