Open Studio


It has been so long since I've posted. For some reason my blogger account has been sending out old posts to my subscribers. I apologize for that. I'm not sure why it's doing that. But I thought I should post something new. 

I went to Main Street Art Center for Open Studio last night, and painted this portrait. I need to get back into the practice of painting from life. I was able to carve out a small spot for myself up close next to the model. The room was FULL! I got to paint next to Frankie Johnson, Ann Feldman, Alice Schank... to name just a few. This was a nice high school girl, I'm sorry to have forgotten her name. I was trying not to add a few years to her in the painting. I'm not sure I succeeded with that. But overall, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I was feeling out of practice and it was dark in my corner. So I had to guess a bit on my color mixing. I decided to just do the best I could and focus on getting my shapes correct. It was fun!

I got back from my workshop with Lois Griffel last Saturday. I have been resting up from a exhausting week of painting. I think this has to be one of the best workshops I've done. I had to ship my paintings home, and I just got them in today's mail. So I might be able to post some info about the workshop soon. 

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful portrait, Cathy! I zoomed on it and you really did an amazing job with her.!! As far as google, I noticed that all my followers are gone so now I've been going into my account to see my followers work.. I'm not sure why that happened or how I can retrieve it. !!! Hopefull, I'll get it back....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive that you did this in the company of so many people. It is beautiful-- I really like how you handled her hair, especially. So glad you had a good workshop experience. And I'm dying to know how you shipped wet oil paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the best way to ship or carry wet panels. Check out "panelpaks". http://www.panelpak.com/
      I also had another wet panel carrier that held more panels. I had shipped those ahead.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm interested to see how you worked that. I've never heard of shipping wet paintings!

      Delete