Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Black Or White?

8 x 8 oil on cradled board

Is he black with white stripes, or white with black stripes? I don't know, but I do love to paint them. I get lost in the maze of stripes when I paint them. It's pretty fun!

I've had a hard time getting my paintings photographed lately since we are having such bad weather around here. High winds and snow keep me from taking them outside, which always works best. So this one was taken in my studio. I'm hoping a good day will come along soon so I can retake this. 

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I would post a side view of my cradled board so you can see how they are finished. Here is a photo of "Up in the Leaves" showing the finished sides. It will look nice hung as is, or framed. 




6 comments:

  1. these are so great. Not only are you painting a horse so well, but then you add the stripes. Also love the warmth in the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting to be an expert with these beautiful animals, Cathy! This zebra is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting Sharon & Hilda! I am loving making those stripes work. Maybe I should try some striped fabric too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful warm reflected light on this beauty Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your animal series. I feel we can almost see them move. They breathe life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terri and Meredith! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete