Friday, February 7, 2014

Lunch Time

8 x 8 oil on cradled board

My computer is up and running again tonight after a major scare yesterday. I don't know how I got so lucky!! I spilled water on my laptop trackpad yesterday. Now I'm not talking a few drops. It was a pretty good spill. I quickly flipped it over and tried to dry it as best I could. Then I took quick minute to back it up before I shut down, unplugged, & removed battery to let it dry out. And tonight I'm online again. Whew

I have a bunch of paintings to post. This is another in my series of animals. Rhinos are interesting to paint. All those folds! Too bad they are always standing in mud!

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like a nightmare, Cathy but glad to hear everything is back to norm..! Love the rhino....beautifully painted as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda! I was pretty certain I had toasted my laptop this time. I was very lucky!

      Delete
  2. Wow…you knew to take the battery out? I am impressed. Your rhinos are great as are all your animals. I am new at getting your blog and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking the battery out was a friends suggestion and it was easy. Putting it back in was another matter! Had to have my husband help me with that!

      Delete
  3. Wow! The computer Gods were shining on you. Your animals are so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I can't believe I escaped that disaster! Thanks Sharon!

      Delete
  4. Good save on the computer, Cathy! Whew is right! I continue to love seeing this animal series. The softness of the backgrounds really adds to the pieces. What is the depth of the panels you are painting on? Curious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meredith! Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me. I really love these cradled boards from Dick Blick. They are 7/8" deep. They also come in 1-5/8" which I might try also.

    ReplyDelete