Sunday, February 16, 2014

Summer Revisited!

Summer Bliss
5 x 7 oil on panel

I think it's time to dig out the summer photos and pretend it's warming up outside! What do you think? Are you as tired of this weather as I am? I hear that there is a warmup coming. But I also hear there is 6 more inches of snow expected tomorrow. So who knows. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to paint more than the colors of warm ocean waters.

I played around with a few new colors that aren't normally on my palette. I haven't decided yet whether they will stick around, but they were fun to play with. I'm also working on applying a bit more paint.

7 comments:

  1. The colors are lovely. Summer is coming; too hot though in NM so I am happy with now. Your area is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast of heat and color. LOVE this one and it makes me look forward to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgoodness, Cathy! The water looks so warm and inviting and here I am freezing and expecting more snow as well! Lol.....I love the color of the water...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, Julie & Hilda, thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate you stopping by and I'm thrilled you like "Summer Bliss". Carol & Julie, you are both so lucky to live in NM! I love it there! And Hilda, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo wish I was there. I'm so over winter. Love the color of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could say it now makes me feel warm, but I can't go quite that far. Let's say it makes me hopeful! Light at the end of this wintry tunnel...something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete