My Self

6 x 8 oil on cradled board 
NFS

I've been working on this one off and on for a week and I think I'm pretty much done now. I know it should be me with a paint brush in my hand, but photography is still such a big part of my art that I thought I would include my camera this time. I used to play around with the plastic toy cameras and lomography, then develop my own film for years. Embrace the blur was my motto! I always thought my photos were unfinished but I was never sure what they needed. They needed to be painted! So now I paint from my photos and work on trying to make them more "painterly". It's a process!


7 comments:

  1. It's lovely! And, I enjoyed your revealing that information too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good, it's a wonderful self portrait! I could imagine this in a very large format. Love your cool shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW!! Fantastic portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking out your blog, Cathy, and this is fabulous. Great composition and narrative, and as always, rendered wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete