Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Tall Grass Arts Exhibition

 Country Girl
10" x 10" oil on cradled board

It's been a while since I posted last. I've started a larger piece and I've been working on that. I've also finally decided on some wall colors for our dinning/living room. So I've started painting walls. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to paint walls? Well, I'm trying not to think of that. But I can't wait to get it done. The dinning room is finished as of yesterday. The rest will have to wait until next week.

Tomorrow I head to Park Forest, IL to deliver this painting "Country Girl" to the Tall Grass Arts Association for their "Autumn's Soft Breeze's" exhibition. I became one of their juried artists this Spring. This will be my first painting in one of their shows. I'm pretty excited. The opening reception is August 7, and the show will run until September 30. Please check it out if you are close enough. They also have a very nice gift shop connected to the gallery and I'm taking 4 small paintings for the shop. Everything is priced reasonably for people who would like to pick up a unique one-of-a-kind gift.
These paintings are all 4"x4" and framed.




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Cathy! I love seeing all your new work, and am so happy for your success. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all your work and good luck on your upcoming exhibition. I am laughing at your dislike for painting walls. I use to love it just because the outcome was so delightful. I recently painted my half bath...but began to dislike my process when a second coat was required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting news! Congrats on getting juried in! I especially like the girl's windswept, light-filled hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Cathy, although a little slow here! I am excited to see your paintings getting "out there" in new ways! Please keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete