First Times

8" x 16" oil on panel

I've always liked the paintings that are on multiple panels, and when put together they become one composition. I had this design in mind for a while but couldn't find a 8x16 board. So I painted this on 2 - 8" squared panels. I will frame them together as one. 

I'm painting like crazy but I've slowed down on posting everything I have that's new. I've been invited to show my work at the local art guild in November. This is pretty exciting for me and I'm working hard to put together a nice group of paintings. The one above I've been working on for months and this show coming up has given me the push I needed to finish it up. 

This is my first show, so any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you! 

4 comments:

  1. Invite everyone you know via email, postcards, social media, etc. Make sure you have enough business cards to give out and talk to everyone who comes. I love this painting. You are the master at children having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon! That advice is very helpful! I need to start thinking beyond getting my paintings done!

      Delete
  2. How did you get this shot Cathy? Did you use a drone or can you fly? Great angle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! I was on a huge pier looking down at the people on the beach. I thought it was a different angle too. Birds eye view!

      Delete