Monday, June 20, 2016

Rose

6x6 oil on cradled board

My first summer art festival in Cantigny Park, Wheaton, IL, is now over and I'm spending the day in recovery. It turned out to be a wonderful show. Weather was excellent. Hot, but not as hot as expected and I was under some wonderful trees with a breeze all day. The music was fun and the crowds were good. And to top all that, I was honored to get my painting on the cover of the show program!! I'm grateful it all went so well.

I had been wanting to paint this rose for a long time and I finally had a chance to give it a try last week. This was so much fun to paint. Every petal has multiple color/temperature changes. What a challenge!

I should have it varnished by the time my next art festival (Sugar Creek) comes around in July. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope there were lots of red dots to boot! Love the rose.

    ReplyDelete