Flock of Seagulls

6"x12" oil on cradled board

I just finished this one. It was a challenge trying to capture the late afternoon light and long shadows. I'm really enjoying painting birds right now. I hope to do a few more before I move on to the next thing. 

There have been several things going on in my life that has made it difficult to paint. Besides having my 6 year old grandson for a week, and having a contractor here updating bathrooms, I lost access to my computer for 5 days! There was an accident that involved my computer, water, a broken glass, and a 6 year old. Need I say more? After I was sure he was okay, I noticed my computer had been too close to the whole situation. I quickly wiped it down and turned it off and put it in a dry spot for 5 days. I finally had the courage to try starting it on Sunday and thank goodness it booted right up! Whew, that was a close one. I need to find a better spot to stick this computer when not in use. And if the mother of that 6 year old is reading this... IT WAS A COMPLETE ACCIDENT. And all is well. 

Now to get some of these paintings I have started done!

2 comments:

  1. Accidents happen, but this beautiful painting is no accident. The shadows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well with the six year old and your computer!
    This painting is beautiful, Love the way you captured the long afternoon shadows!

    ReplyDelete