Dachshund

6x6 oil on panel

I had taken some time off of painting during the last couple weeks of August. I've been spending time in my yard digging a few gardens and adding a retaining wall. Preparing the spots for next spring when I plan to fill them with perennials! Lots of work, but I can't wait. I painted this sweet painting of a Dachshund before I started digging so it's a few weeks old. 

I have to also mention that I just got back from an incredible workshop with Peggi Kroll Roberts. She is someone I've wanted to meet and learn from for YEARS! She is one of my first influences. And I finally got to take a workshop with her over Labor Day weekend. It did not disappoint! She had us painting non-stop and I put in some milage. She is so full of knowledge and was willing to share it. Here are a few of my demos. Most are done in just 20 minutes. But a couple of the more finished ones she gave us 40 minutes. We started with still life for the first day, then had models the second two days. So fun.





1 comment: